With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Mudzi, Zvishavane & Hwange
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of all RSCS interventions
- Mobilise communities, to participate in advocacy activities and communicate with key stakeholders in inclusively
- Strengthen collaborative partnerships with GBV working group to facilitate effective referral pathway linkages and joint activities
- Participate in district consultative meetings in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Women Affairs, Social Services, VFU, National AIDS council and other relevant stakeholders.
- Partner with traditional, religious, political, administrative and other leaders in the district on issues of GBV prevention and issues affecting adolescent young girls
- Manage and account for all program resources at district level-program finances, assets and human resources
- Facilitate the training of community Behaviour Change facilitators on outreach and community mobilisation on comprehensive GBViE surveillance and referral system including PFA. (Psycho-social First-Aid)
- Support and monitor community volunteers with capacity building on data collection methodology and M&E processes
- Oversee and guide the recruitment and training of District level community volunteers
- Supervise, Engage, lead and influence the growth of the field Assistant
- Collects and analyses data/information on all GBV prevention and SRH adolescent activities
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to project sites to gain adequate knowledge of the progress of implementation against planned milestones and implementation lessons on the efficacy of project strategies;
- Compilation of quantitative and qualitative reports for submission to the Project Coordinator.
- Design IEC materials for use for local community development to expand program impact
- Manage documentation and dissemination of innovative approaches, experiences, good practices, project impacts and lessons learnt;
- Participate in and conduct District project reviews.
- Degree in Development Studies/Social Work/Psychology/Gender Studies or another relevant field.
- 2-3 years experience in GBV, ASRH programming and community development.
- Strong facilitation, community mobilisation, communication and collaboration skills Experience working in working at the grassroots level, engaging different stakeholders
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Gender discourse & experience in multi-sectoral development approaches;
- Hands-onon experience working with decentralized structures
- Ability to respect and relate to people of different ethics and culture & commitment to child and adult -safeguarding policies
- Computer literate& clean class 4 Driver’s licence a must
How To Apply
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only