Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental organisations in development co- operation and emergency relief. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency Response.
Welthungerhilfe is seeking for Baseline Enumerators for the WASH Project (1179); Please kindly refer to the terms of reference for more information on this advert;
Duties and Responsibilities
Participate in all trainings, technical orientation, and pretesting sessions.
- Enumerators will be expected to actively participate in all training activities, take down notes as necessary and contribute to all group/sub-group activities.
Conduct household surveys in targeted districts. Enumerators are expected to:
- Locate the individuals /households to be interviewed in their own home , abide by recommended ethical standards in survey administration, including the art of asking questions.
- Capture data on paper or using digital data entry technology provided and ensure that all responses are captured correctly.
- Ensure anonymity of respondents and develop relationship of trust and safe space during data collection exercise with respondents.
- Identify and report any challenges faced that could affect the quality of the data
- Take responsibility for all project equipment that you may be entrusted with.
- Participate in daily updates and reviews of survey processes and contribute in identifying challenging processes or questions.
- Review all data gathered from an interview to check if the data is complete and accurate
Ensure adherence Welthungerhilfe code of conduct and survey protocol. Enumerators are expected to:
- To follow survey instructions from the survey team leader, including data quality and sampling protocol.
- Be familiar with Welthungerhilfe Code of Conduct and uphold the terms of this code during engagement with Welthungerhilfe.
- Comply with WHH policies and procedures with respect to data protection and confidentiality and do no harm principles.
- Complete all planned tasks in required time frame evidenced by submission of completed questionnaires. Enumerators should ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed. Completed questionnaires should be submitted to the supervisor at the end of each day.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 Advanced Level passes.
- Strong technological skills as enumerators will use mobile gadgets(tablets) to record responses and GPS coordinates.
- Prior experience with data collection using mobile devices.
- Capacity to organize survey logistics and necessary protocols.
- Experience in interviewing local community members.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and follow instructions.
- Fluence in English and local languages inclusive of Ndebele.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and ability to clearly explain the survey to the target population.
- Interest in water systems, sanitation and hygiene.
How to Apply
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the position and district applied for in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: Candidates will be shortlisted on a rolling basis.