The above-mentioned vacancies have arisen in the Ministry of Health and Child Care under the Global Fund HIV, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria grants. Applications are therefore being invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the post. Reports to Vector Control Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the VCO with planning, implementing, supervision and evaluation of vector control interventions in partnership with provinces and implementing partners.
- Assists the VCO in establishing and strengthening vector control contact points in all provinces affected by malaria.
- Assists in establishing vector control programme monitoring and evaluation systems in all malaria affected provinces.
- Assist VCO in strengthening malaria vector surveillance through operationalization of field insectaries in provinces conducting malaria vector control.
- Assists in establishing and nurturing a culture of environmental compliance (EC) on the handling and use of insecticides and disposal of waste from field operations.
- Participates in the quantification of vector control commodities and annual preparatory trainings for Indoor residual spraying and LLINs distributions.
- Participate in the quantification of vector control commodities and enablers.
- Assists the VCO/MoHCC in insecticide and vector control commodities' tender processes for timely procurement and delivery of insecticides and other logistics.
- Assists in distribution and prepositioning of vector control commodities and enablers to provinces where vector control is undertaken.
- Participates in the coordination and guidance of malaria vector control activities through development and adoption of standard guidelines and protocols.
- Assists in organizing and conducting training of vector control partners and practitioners in programme implementation and monitoring.
- Participates in periodic data quality checks for the purpose of ensuring that implementation of projects complies with requirements of the programme and financing agents.
- Assists in coordinating vector control data collection, consolidation, timely reporting and dissemination in response to malaria programme information systems and in close liaison with other NNMCP Officers.
- Ensures availability at MOHCC-NMCP of data and reports submitted to the programme from provinces, districts and partners.
- Contributes in organizing malaria control seminars, conferences, national Vector Control forums and other such meetings.
- Assists and participates in the development of funding proposals for Vector Control activities.
- Provides assistance to all programmes as and when necessary, in their bid to achieve set objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the VCO and NMCP Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Environmental Health.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Health or equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in the public health delivery at district or provincial level focusing on the following areas: -IRS -LLINs distribution -Entomological surveillance.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Training skills in vector control.
- Communication and report writing skills.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates to:
The Secretary for Health and Child Care
1st Floor Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon V Muzenda Street/Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY1122
Deadline: 10 February 2023