Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the above strategic position.
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the Security Officer, the Assistant Security Officer will:
- Produce security briefs on a daily basis on the security situation in and around the University campus
- Provide security services for cash in transit
- Receive criminal reports from Africa University Community members and processing them for the attention of the Security Officer or management
- Assist the Security Officer in arranging security coverage at all University functions
- Advise the University community on security matters; and Take up the Security Officer's responsibilities in his/her absence.
The Assistant Security Officer will be expected to:
- Assist the Security Officer in risk management;
- Supervise Sergeants and security guards;
- Take a key role in the administration of the Security Office;
- Investigate and compile reports for the attention of the Security Officer; and
- Train security personnel.
Qualifications And Experience
- A relevant Degree
- Diploma in Security Management or equivalent
- Service in a recognized security organization like the Police, Army and Prisons
- Computer literate
- 15 Years working experience, 5 of which must have been in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills
- Tech-savvy with experience in surveillance systems
How To Apply
Applications, together with copies of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be sent to: email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 31 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.