The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance electronic Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced professionals to fill the vacant post shown above that has arisen within the University.
The incumbent will report to the Salaries Officer.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Classifying and verifying monthly salary input mail and documents of all Zimbabwe.
- Open University Payrolls before data capturing process begins.
- Inputing Tax tables and FDS credits and adjustments into the payroll, Tax Directives; Medical expenses shortfall, Disability and Elderly persons credits.
- Checking on the accuracy of the data capturing process before the final payroll is prepared.
- Processing of Medical Aid Application Forms and updating into the payroll system.
- Updating of pension details into the payroll system.
- Supervising the compilation of a claims register and the processing and payment of claims for Part Time Teaching Staff.
- Supervising the distribution of Staff Pay Advices (Payslips)
- Printing of all summary reports for the payment of salaries and monthly reports for statutory payments; NSSA, Pension, P.A.Y.E and Medical Aid and Pay Advices/Payslips.
- Maintaining a Contract Staff Register.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Salaries Officer.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology or Sociology.
- Diploma in Payroll Administration.
- Five (5) ‘O’ Levels including English and Mathematics.
- Knowledge of Belina Payroll a must.
- Two (2) years relevant post qualification experience in the Human Resources field, preferably in the Salaries Section.
- Experience in salaries administration is a must.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: the application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows:
- In PDF format as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As hard copies which consist of Ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents.
All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
NB: Those who submit their applications online will be required to bring their original documents for verification upon invitation for interview.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
Hand delivered to
Corner House Cnr S.Machel/