Manicaland University of Applied Sciences Is Looking For An Assistant Registrar – Human Resource (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
The candidate must have a strong understanding of how the HR function contributes to the University’s core business. The incumbent should also have a strong understanding of the various HR policies and SOPs. Reporting to the Senior Assistant Registrar, the Assistant Registrar should be able to:
- Advise management and various stakeholders on HR issues.
- Assist in faculty and departmental human resource planning.
- Assist in the identification, attraction and retention of talent.
- Conduct staff induction.
- Identify and coordinate staff training and development programs.
- Administer employee contracts in line with labour laws and maintaining an accurate employee database.
- Create, review and maintain job descriptions
- Identify and implement various staff welfare programs.
- Assist management in handling employee grievances , staff disciplinary hearings and works council meetings
- Process and administer an accurate employee leave register.
- Service HR related Committee meetings in line with the University policies and regulations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Assistant Registrar.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must have a first degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent, plus at least five (5) years hands on post qualification experience.
- Experience of working in a University environment is a requirement.
- Experience and knowledge of dealing with NEC Construction Industry and NEC General Agriculture is an added advantage.
- Proficient in computer skills especially Microsoft excel is a requirement.
- A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent is a further advantage.
- In addition, applicants should be of high integrity and possess superior interpersonal and communication skills.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
Senior Assistant Registrar, Human Resource
Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences
P Bag 7001
Note envelops should be clearly marked the post being applied for, and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday, 7 June 2022 at 1400 hours.