Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the above vacancy that has arisen in the Chisumbanje Ethanol Factory Laboratory. The successful applicant will be required to do shift work, will report to the Laboratory Technician and will among other duties be responsible for assisting in the following:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Development of procedures and work instructions on sample analysis and reporting.
- Correct sampling and sub-sampling procedures for agricultural soils and plant tissue.
- Soil and leaf preparation for analysis
- Analysis of soil and crop tissue samples to provide information about quality and structure of agriculture.
- Able to make recommendations regarding soil nutrition and correct use of water.
- Ability to use AAS, GF, ICP, and UV-VIS is a pre-requisite skill.
- Carry out research and development projects.
- Analysis of water samples from the field.
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum N.D in Soil Science, Agriculture, Applied Chemistry or related field. Degree qualification would a an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in soil science or related laboratory
- Quality assurance certificate is an added advantage
- Knowledge of ISO9001
- Good laboratory practices
How To Apply
Interested persons should submit written applications clearly marked the position being applied for, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and scanned certified copies of both academic and professional qualifications to;