Internal auditors are accounting professionals who provide organizations with guidance on financial accuracy, internal controls and regulatory compliance. They examine and improve operating practices, and financial and risk management processes of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in carrying out branch stock audits, cash and expenses audits and verification of fixed assets and ensuring that branches maintain adequate accounting records.
- Ensure that all branch warehouses are neat and stock losses are minimised.
- Assisting in carrying out branch monthly stock-takes.
- Reviewing and verifying records, checking compliance Standards in Policies and Procedures.
- Recommends changes and ensures that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
- Assist in the production of a system which ensures that all major risks of the Group are identified and analyzed on a regular basis.
- Provide advice in selection of areas for operational accounting.
- Assist in the development of Audit procedures and systems.
- Detect internal control deficiencies and recommend necessary corrective measures. Assist in the implementation of approved Audit recommendations.
- Assist in conducting investigations of suspected malpractices.
- Any other duty as assigned by superior.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Accounting / Finance from an accredited academic institution ACCA IAC
- At least 3 years experience in auditing. Experience in the retail industry is an added advantage.
- Evidence of formal training in Internal Auditing basic principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of Accounting and Auditing principles and standards
- Knowledge of the Companies’ Act and other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of State Financial Regulations
- Working knowledge of project management accounting procedures
- Knowledge of computerized auditing software
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools and any other software as is relevant to job functions.
How to Apply
Send email on: