AFC Holdings seeks to recruit an Assistant Group Company Secretary. Reporting to the Group Company Secretary, the Assistant Group Company Secretary will be responsible for providing support to the Group Company Secretary in matters pertaining to statutory requirements and providing oversight on corporate governance matters, convening Board meetings, annual and extraordinary general meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Group Company Secretary to draft an annual calendar for the Board and Board Committee meetings in liaison with the Group Chief Executive Officer and Group Board Chairperson.
- Assist in providing secretarial services to the Board and Board Committees including the convening of meetings in the absence of the Group Company Secretary.
- Maintain the Group's, Board and Management Committee documents, statutory books and register of Board Members.
- Assist in the induction and training of Board members.
- Give legal advice to the Group, Board and Committees on any legal issues including any changes in legislation and regulations affecting the Board.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Laws Degree.
- A Master's in Business Administration (MBA) /MK or relevant Master of Science (MSc) will be an added advantage.
- At least 8 years in a corporate legal environment preferably in the financial services sector.
- A member of the Law Society of Zimbabwe.
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential or sensitive information.
- An excellent understanding of Corporate Governance.
- Exceptional organisational skills with very strong attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed resume no later than 27 November 2022. All applications should be emailed to: email@example.com clearly indicating the position being applied for as your E-mail Subject Reference.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.