This role reports to the Compliance Officer (Legal and Regulatory) and assists in maintaining a culture of compliance as well as ensuring that legal compliance risk management processes are implemented. The individual will also be responsible for assisting the Compliance officer in delivering the investment value proposition on compliance in selected practices.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assists the Compliance Officer in maintaining a culture of compliance across the business through the development of compliance risk management and monitoring plans and the development of a legal risk management framework.
- Assists in formulating and / or reviewing relevant legal & regulatory compliance risk management policies and procedures and disseminates information, particularly on research, banking business regulations, work methods (procedures manuals) and operations.
- Assists in ensuring that applicable legislation is being complied with by all staff by regularly reviewing legal & regulatory compliance processes as well as day-to-day compliance with applicable legislation and regulations and the performance of legal risk compliance management and monitoring plans and related activities on a continuing basis and taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Provides knowledge of legal & regulatory risk compliance management systems/supporting guidance, procedures and assists the business in implementation of approved legal risk compliance management plans.
- Identifies applicable legislation and analyses the impact thereof on and applies this to processes and procedures.
- Assists the Compliance Officer in preparing periodic Legal & Regulatory Compliance Reports; for various committees at Management and Board levels.
- Assists in the coordinating the maintenance and circulation of Legislative & Regulatory Compliance Checklists.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of current developments within the financial industry to ensure that accurate advice is given and correct legal & regulatory compliance risk management work methods are adopted with regard to CABS’ trading activities.
- Reviews new products; legal & regulatory compliance risk profiles on same and assesses profitability relative to non compliance cost impact.
- Assists in providing advice to business departments in relation to all legal & regulatory issues affecting the business and ensuring all documentation is compliant with regulatory and internal policies.
- Continually researches, develops and implements modern legal risk compliance management within the approved Group Compliance Risk Management framework.
- Provides analytical reviews of legislation and assumes training resource person role on Legal risk compliance management within CABS.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Law Degree
- A relevant professional qualification (in Compliance Management or Banking) would be an added advantage.
- Must have a strong understanding of Banking Regulation, Data Protection Regulations, European GDPR and Exchange Control Regulations.
- Compliance Management Systems, Legal Regulatory Compliance, Regulatory Compliance Management, Regulatory Issues, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Bachelor Of Law