All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system and that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly qualified Assistant Accountant to assist with efficient operating systems and management of financial resources.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Mission of the Department: To ensure a high performing WWF Zimbabwe Office with efficient operating systems, professional and skilled staff, and strong financial resources, delivering conservation impact on issues and in places that are key for WWF’s Network Initiatives and other global conservation priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains financial and accounting records including cashbooks for the Country Office
- Financial Resource Person of the assigned portfolio of projects.
- Assists in the implementation of policies, procedures and systems for all financial support services in WWF Zimbabwe, including: accounting, financial reporting, auditing, budgeting, and internal controls.
- Periodically carry out field visits to project sites to satisfy activities are being carried out on the ground
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, and progress towards an accounting qualification i.e. CIMA, ACCA, CIS or equivalent
- At least two years relevant professional experience
- A thorough working knowledge of, accounting software (e.g. Oracle)
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, within WWF Zimbabwe and, as required, with external stakeholders;
- Team player;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating “Assistant Accountant” in the subject line to: email@example.com. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and work permit restrictions might apply.
Deadline: 15 December 2022
NB: WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce. Female applications are encouraged.