Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Assistant Accountant which has arisen within Steward Bank.
Duties And Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Maintaining general ledgers
- Performing reconciliations of accounts;
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate;
- Preparing and filing statutory reporting as necessary;
- Processing payments and invoices accurately and within expected time eriods;
- Authorising and overseeing the processing of pre-requisition order within set standards
- Collaborating with Accountants and Finance Manager to ensure smooth running of an organization’s accounts department
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of statutory returns
- Ensure compliance with statutory accounting standards and audit practices
- Conducting monthly management checks and regular housekeeping activities in order to maintain an efficient financial system
- Ensure accruals and prepayment concepts are applied to processed transactions
- Processing payments and financial documents such as invoices, statements, and vouchers.
- Posting journal entries for payroll, expenses and revenue
- Maintaining and recording of fixed assets
- Reconciling inventory accounts and liaising with the operations department to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained at all times
- Assisting in the development and implementation of policies and SOPs to enhance the effective and efficient management processes and practices
- Assisting in providing business support for key non- financial areas
Qualifications And Experience
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Articles of clerkship is an advantage.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Understanding of procurement processes
- The ability to work to strict time constraints
- Excellent analytical, adept and people skills,
- Accuracy and attention to detail,
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- How To Apply
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title, Assistant Accountant clearly written in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for all applications is 17 February 2022.