Organic Africa, with its partners B’Ayoba, KaZa, La Rochelle Centre and Stevia Zimbabwe, embodies the future of farming in Africa. Organic Africa is the leading producer of organic and FairTrade produce in Southern Africa. We are a socially responsible entrepreneurship cultivating high value certified products together with our partner farmers and wild collectors for the global market. We are committed to social, environmental and economic sustainability.
We have the following opening: Assistant Accountant
Reports to: Accountant
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Finalization of trial balance and submission by the 5th of each month.
- Monthly management accounts
- Quarterly Board packs
- Weekly and monthly reports requested by management
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management
- Processing payment vouchers
- Processing petty cash vouchers
- Checking and sign off of payment and petty cash vouchers
- Cash book processing
- Journal processing
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Monthly creditors and Debtor’s reconciliations
- Loading of stock onto palladium system by end of December 2022.
- Review and sign off of peer monthly bank, debtors, creditors, stock and balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly physical filing and online filing of Zimra returns on Zimra platform (Paye, QPD’s, VAT and ITF12C)
- File returns and ensure monthly submission of statutory returns such as NSSA, NEC, GAPWUZ etc by HR department
- Ensure we have a valid (ITF263) tax clearance certificate all the time.
- Weekly ledger review
- Preparation and circulation of costs per cost center, per tonne as well as per kg. As per schedule circulated.
Qualifications And Experience
- Accounting Degree or Equivalent
- Affiliate Member – ACCA, CIMA OR Equivalent
- Minimum Age: 25 years
How To Apply
If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in the position, please request for an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org before 25 March 2022.