The Incumbent will be reporting to the Technical Support Manager will be responsible for the following, among other duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploys and upgrades computing, networking hardware and software, maintains all ICT hardware and software at post offices in area of jurisdiction to ensure that the network is capable of meeting the needs of the organisation
- • Maintains WAN links for post offices in area of control and creates a rapport with technical staff for service providers
- • Implements ICT quality and security control systems, enforces user adherence to standard ICTs operating procedures
- • Develops and implement preventive maintenance schedules
- • Provides technical support and training to end users especially when new systems are being rolled out
- • Investigates problems & other requests for support and determines appropriate actions to take
- • Responds to agreed plans to install or remove items of hardware and/or software and reports details of all hardware/software items installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated.
- • Ensures that disruptive situations in systems are identified and resolved quickly with minimal disruption to users.
- • Assists in managing external providers of ICT services ensuring they deliver a high quality output on time and within budget.
- • Represents the IT department at functions or forums in the area where Zimpost ICT services are required.
- • Undertakes such other duties as may be agreed from time to time with the Head IT
Qualifications and Experience
- • In depth knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 Server, Active Directory, Linux OS
- • Good understanding of SQL 2005/2008, Progress Open Edge DBMS
- • Hand-on experience with MS Suite configuration esp. MS Word and Outlook
- • Understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN switches, firewalls and routers
- • Microsoft and Cisco network engineering certification desirable
- • Good network troubleshooting skills and experience working with network management tools – knowledge of SolarWinds desirable
- • To attend meetings and undertake work outside normal working hours, for the efficiency of the services provided.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for the position, please submit your application, Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and/or professional certificates, National ID, addressed under confidential cover to:
Head Human Resources and Administration
P O Box 3940
Applications to be received not later than 8 November 2022