Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned posts.
Gwanda State University is an equal opportunities employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Planning, organising, directing and controlling the activities of the Agro-Innovation Park’s Livestock Production Unit;
- Reviewing current livestock production systems and recommending improvements;
- Overseeing the day-to-day management and care of all livestock;
- Monitoring livestock health, and implementation of a preventive health strategy;
- Planning for labour requirements and participating in the recruiting and training of staff;
- Supervising workers undertaking various activities in the Livestock Unit;
- Maintaining livestock production, health management and welfare records;
- Upkeep and management of grazing systems and pastures;
- Supporting the Director in the creation and monitoring of the Agro-Innovation Parkoperating budget;
- Preparing livestock activity reports, such as production, sales, purchases, feeding, health and welfare;
- Arranging for sale of livestock in collaboration with the Marketing Manager;
- Facilitating the purchase of inputs such as feed, sanitation chemicals and medicines in collaboration with the Procurement Management Unit;
- Inspecting machinery, equipment and facilities to establish maintenance and repair requirements;
- Ensuring that all staff adhere to health and safety regulations;
- Ensuring that the Livestock Production Unit complies with all relevant statutory regulations;
- Keeping abreast with developments and trends in Livestock Production Science; and
- Undertaking any other related duties as assigned by the Director Research, Innovation and Industrialisation.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Animal Science or equivalent.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Animal Science or related programme from a recognised Institution.
- At least three (3) years hands-on livestock farming experience preferably in a leadership role.
- Hands-on experience at a commercial farming entity.
How To Apply
Conditions of Service
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 16 September 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.