This role is accountable for conceptualising, designing and implementing strategic plans through the effective management of projects and or team/s through Data Analytics. Compiles 1-3 year plans for Agile Project Teams, based on broader business plan. To promote our leadership behaviours and focus on talent development.
- Enables through Data Analytics and Data Science, the Chief Data and Analytics Officer on delivery of designated projects, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables.
- Sets and communicates strategic direction, excites people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse, cross-functional and cross-border teams to achieve success.
- Lead projects and provide strategic direction across the account to deliver a superior client experience.
- Collaborate and influence internal stakeholders to make decisions that positively impact return on investment; provide subject matter expertise on leading best practices.
- Leveraging agile ways of working in creating cross-functional multidisciplinary teams to deliver return on investment in a Customer Centric business.
- Directly responsible for a team of 10-15 data analytics and data science professionals. Collaborating directly with data engineering teams.
- Business Translator: Bridging the technical expertise of data engineers and data scientists with the operational expertise of business
- Collaborate with business to articulate business challenges and translate these into actionable initiatives. Communicating and present analysis results to key stakeholders across organizational levels
- Accountable for thought leadership and best operating practice in response to external an internal environment in the area of Data and Analytics.
- Manages day-to-day deliverables of agile delivery teams on designated projects.
- Leads delivery of team based on the SLA and identifies and addresses any areas of concern in outputs.
- Builds a high performance culture by cultivating individual and team strengths; drives outstanding client service, often through large cross business and/or cross functional teams.
- Ability to employ a business-oriented mind-set and use data-driven solutions to drive transformation agenda and achieve results
- Defines and implements best operating practice in Data Analytics as well as provide thought leadership on Data Analytics
- Defines performance parameters (including balanced scorecard) and measurements for area under supervision.
- Holds first line managers accountable for managerial work, including selection, performance management and talent management
- Drives operational excellence through area of supervision. • Focus on talent development to sustain pipeline and creating future capability
- Creates a climate for optimal performance • Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Manages performance.
- Manages a team of up to 10 specialists in the data analytics field or project manages work streams relating to field of expertise
Analytics Insights, Data Analysis, Data Science, Deliverables Management, Leading Project, Operational Effectiveness, Operational Expertise, Performance Culture, Project Management, Strategic Planning, Taking Initiative, Talent Development, Technical Knowledge
Bachelor of Commerce (BCom): Business Sciences (Required), Master of Business Administration (MBA): Statistics (Required)
15 February 2022