An exciting career opportunity has arisen within the Sales and Underwriting Department of CBZ Insurance for the role of Agriculture Insurance Specialist. If you are eager to join a team of energized and passionate experts, this is a career opportunity for you.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Implement effective underwriting strategies to produce a profitable agriculture portfolio.
- Review agro-insurance applications and perform pre-loss assessments.
- Review, quote, and bind crop insurance applications outside pre-underwritten schemes.
- Prepare summaries and/or schedules of coverage for all crop insurance clients.
- Develop and implement effective crop assessment strategies in line with policy requirements.
- Conduct on-site farm inspections as required.
- Prepare comprehensive inspection reports detailing the relevant risk improvement tactics.
- Implement effective relationship management strategies for effective business retention of the agro portfolio.
- Assist in the development of the agro-department budget.
- Track, review, and report performance against the set budget.
- Conduct business development initiatives and grow the agro insurance portfolio.
- Build and coordinate the work activities of the team, conducting technical training and coaching.
- Develop performance measures, and supervise and monitor staff productivity.
- Develop and review systems, processes, and procedures for effective agriculture underwriting.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in Insurance and Risk Management or Agriculture from a recognized and reputable institution (3-year minimum study).
- Diploma in Insurance/ Diploma in Agriculture specializing in Crop Husbandry.
- 3 years of working experience in a crop/insurance environment in a reputable company
- Valid driver’s license - 2 years’ driving experience
- Sound knowledge of crop insurance, good crop husbandry practices, and assessments is a pre-requisite.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Good time management, analytical, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Good relationship management skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Results oriented and self-motivated.
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3285481387/
Should you meet the required skills and experience, apply and upload your detailed CV and proof of real estate professional certifications not later than Monday, 29 September 2022.