The Salvation Army Zimbabwe and Botswana Territory is inviting applications from suitably uallfied, mature, honest and substantially experienced persons to fill the following posts that eve risen within our organisation:
This is a position in the Scaling up for a Resilient Livelihood in Rural Zimbabwe (SCARL) that coordinates activities/projects in various communities. This function involves ensuring that project activities are done according to the requirements of the Employer, relevant Government ministries and funding partners. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing implementation of agricultural and marketing functions of the project which shall also include the day-to-day management of the proposed agricultural and livelihood objectives of the project.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the agricultural and livelihood objectives of the Project.
- Carry out overall supervision of agricultural and livelihood Activities of the project • Assist the project manager in setting-up of demo plots, supervision of rehabilitation works and key installations.
- Training of communities on best agricultural and marketing practices Linking farmers to markets; and viable and appropriate agricultural technologies. Research activities including value addition initiatives.
- Advice project management and staff on matters agriculture and by extension climate change/environment.
- Prepare periodic plans and implementation reports within the agricultural and marketing components.
- Networking within and externally.
- Assist the project manager to prepare project plans, reports and also assessment/evaluation tools required for baseline surveys, mid-term and end of project evaluations.
- Assist Field cluster coordinator train farmers in the project areas.
- Any other relevant duty as may be assigned
Qualifications, Experience And Attributes
- A minimum of 5 0 levels including Maths and English
- University degree or a higher education in Agricultural economics or Agri-business
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a project management position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Proven experience of working within Agriculture programs and able to present working knowledge of the livelihoods and infrastructure elements of agriculture focused programming Experience in market-based programming and community development driven (CDD) approach Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts Experience overseeing multiple activity streams and managing multiple budgets.
- Commitment to an evidence and needs based approach
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and providing capacity building support
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Willing and able to work in rural communities
A DRIVER'S LICENCE (Minimum class 4) is a MUST.
How To Apply
Interested Incumbents may send their application along with a detailed CV and proof of qualifications to the following email: email@example.com Closing date is 15 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.