The Advocacy and Private Sector Linkages Specialist is responsible for advocacy and private sector engagements for sustainability in OVC programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To broaden the BZ project’s private sector networks and create new public-private partnerships (PPPs) that can contribute to the sustainability of OVC programming and services during and after the project.
- Implement evidence-driven advocacy activities aligned with the OVC program.
- Develop a private sector engagement plan in the context of the OVC program and specific inputs into the project portfolio where opportunities for private sector engagement exists.
- Build and maintain relationships with private sector.
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management with governments, development partners, industry and other civil society organizations.
- Collaborate with the different thematic leads to conceptualise, implement and report the results with a focus on communications and advocacy.
- Set up and run the affairs of a national advisory group of industry captains and philanthropists.
- Identify key policy gaps for forming socially-oriented public- private partnerships and recommend changes.
- Identify external and internal stakeholders, including the mass media and deliver a communication strategy using key channels and messages to engage these audiences in respect to the Project’s outcomes and objectives as well as reporting on its activities.
- Represent Bantwana Zimbabwe at various district and national level technical working group meetings
- Organization of publicity, advocacy, knowledge-sharing events and promotional opportunities.
- Engage key stakeholders/partners, donors, and decision makers, in high-level policy and advocacy, forums, meetings and events.
- Champion report writing for project progress
- Identify, document, and share best practise and success stories
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent) in Communications, Advocacy, Public Relations or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in advocacy, communication and private sector engagements.
- Proven experience in leading advocacy work is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms, websites and communication processes is desirable.
- Previous work experience in USAID/PEPFAR funded projects is an added advantage.
How to Apply
To apply for these positions, please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (including name, organization, phone number, and email address) with position title in the subject line to link: https://forms.gle/WdAtvUsJxuvgKhyD9
BZ is an equal opportunity employer. The application deadline is 29 November 2022. Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BZ has a zero tolerance policy on child abuse, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment and any form of discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, age and any other such distinguishing characteristics.