Under the Accelerated and Comprehensive HIV Care for Epidemic Control in Zimbabwe (ACCE) for HIV Epidemic Control program, the DREAMS district lead will and focused on spearheading DREAMS/ASRH program. Reporting to the District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator, the district DREAMS focal nurse will be responsible for designing and supervising the implementations of all technical aspects of the DREAMS/ASRH program, operational support, and coordination/networking, in line with organizational and national guidelines and set targets. The successful candidates will provide the expected deliverables for DREAMS/ASRH implementation in four ACCE districts.
Duties And Responsibilities
The ASRH Nurse (DREAMS and ASRH) is expected to fulfill the following Key Performance Indicators:
- Working closely with the districts coordinator, design and coordinate implementation of DREAMS and ASRH program activities (for both facility and community)
- Forge enduring relationships with MOHCC to ensure easy access to health facilities and a synergistic effort in implementing DREAMS and ASRH programs
- Ensures the adoption of national DREAMS and ASRH strategies into district level implementation plans
- Participate in strategic meetings and share program updates, progress on implementation plans and challenges that need the attention
- Provide technical support to the District Coordinator in adopting a data driven approach to resolving district level challenges affecting the DREAMS and ASRH program
- Work with the District Coordinator (DC) to assist in conducting assessments (including SIMS) and supportive supervision of DREAMS and ASRH programs
- Support the DC in conducting skills audits and coordinating training of healthcare workers on DREAMS and ASRH programs
- Coordinate and participate in monthly meetings for USAID funded and non-USAID funded partners supporting the DREAMS response
- Coordinate and oversee the aggregation, verification, and reporting of all program daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly data into ZHI and USAID databases
- Submit timely, accurate and quality reports on all DREAMS/ASRH coordination activities performed
- Support the implementation of key DREAMS and ASRH activities
- Support the adoption, implementation and monitoring of DREAMS/ASRH strategies for HIV prevention (HIV testing and counseling, Post-violence care for survivors of gender-based violence, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Support the implementation of appropriate systems that promote uptake of ASRH and DREAMS HIV prevention services
- Support health facilities to record DREAMS HIV prevention services correctly and completely in appropriate registers, checklists, and other source documents
- Support strategies to identify gaps and challenges impacting on DREAMS HIV prevention and promoting site level QI solutions and/or adoption of best practices
- Support facility–community integration in the implementation of all DREAMS HIV prevention activities (linkage and referral services)
- Promote site level DREAMS HIV prevention data analysis (entry point yield analysis, cascade analysis) to improve quality of services and achievement of site targets
- Submit timely, accurate and quality reports on all prevention activities conducted.
Qualifications And Experience
- General Nurse or equivalent; Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing and Counselling is a must
- At least two years of managing HIV interventions at in the public health sector or NGO sector
- Registration with Nurses Council of Zimbabwe; License to practice as a nurse in Zimbabwe
- Class 3 license or willingness to ride a motorbike is an added advantage
- Sound knowledge and experience in M&E is an added advantage.
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://www.zhi.co.zw/vacancies/adolescent-and-sexual-reproductive-health-asrh-dreams-nurse/
Closing Date: 25/08/22.