Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organization which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The Accelerated and Comprehensive HIV Care for Epidemic Control in Zimbabwe (ACCE) project's objective is to complement the government of Zimbabwe (GOZ)’s efforts towards epidemic control by targeting testing to efficiently identify PLHIV, ensuring all newly diagnosed PLHIV are immediately linked to treatment, and all PLHIV on treatment have ready access to antiretroviral therapy (ART), are retained on treatment, and remain virally suppressed. The program is being implemented in 9 districts in Midlands (Gweru, Kwekwe, Mberengwa and Gokwe South) and in Manicaland (Makoni, Mutare. Chipinge, Mutasa and Buhera).
Additionally, the project is being implemented within the current environment affected by the covid-19 pandemic. Continuity of treatment and prevention services for PLHIV and those at risk for HIV is the foundational principle guiding PEPFAR programs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is against this background that ZHI is providing technical and financial support to the Ministry of Health and Child Care to complement the national COVID-19 preparedness and response plan. This is being implemented across all the eight districts in Midlands’s province. The goal of the project is to to reduce overall Covid 19 severity, morbidity and mortality attributable to COVID-19 morbidity and mortality attributable to COVID-19 through increasing awareness, demand generation and access to COVID-19 vaccinations in Midlands Province.
- Under the direction of the Administrative Officer, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of administrative, procurement, and logistical services to the project at National level.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Receives and records procurement requests from technical teams
- Sends out Requests For Quotations (RFQ’s) to vendors
- Conducts bid analysis on quotations received from vendors
- Performs debarment checks on all vendors being considered for award of contracts
- Liaises with vendors to ensure they have submitted requisite documentation for procurements to be executed
- Prepares and sends out purchase orders, contracts and service level agreements (SLA’s) to vendors ensuring that they sign and send back copies as evidence of agreeing to the terms and conditions on these documents
- Maintains supplier information for regularly purchased items and update management on current market conditions
- Maintains up to date supplier list through requesting for new vendor additions for categories not well represented and evaluates the quality and appropriateness of suppliers
- Proposes vendors for delisting from the preferred vendors list due to poor performance Ensures timely processing of payments for vendors for goods and services rendered and makes follow up on invoices and receipts for payments made
- Receives, inspects and distributes inventory to districts and staff and follows up on deliveries ensuring conformity with purchase order and invoice specifications and also making sure that relevant documents are completed and adequately signed such as goods received notes (GRN) and delivery notes (DN)
- Takes minutes for procurement committee and vendor assessment meetings
- Updates weekly the procurement tracker
- Performs routine communication, coordination and planning with requisitioners
- Assists the Administrative Officer in asset verifications and updating of the asset registers
- Performs any other duties assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- A relevant degree in procurement / supply chain management, Administration, Management or related field
- At least 2 years of administrative support experience especially in procurement
- Proven experience in general administration, procurement, asset management and events coordination.
Knowledge, skills & attributes
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to multi-task and to prioritize tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
- Click View More Information Button Below to Complete online form
- Submit your CV and application letter via email to email@example.com clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
NB: During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.