Under the direction of the Administrative Officer, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of administrative, procurement, and logistical services to the office.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assists the Administrative Officer in arranging travel logistics for field office staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups
- Handles all photocopying assignments, development and reproduction of documents for the field office
- Handles all payments for ZHI projects and ensure compliance with policies and procedures;
- Supports the Administrative Officer in the implementation of procurement policy and systems for ZHI procurement at field office level, including storage and delivery
- Assists in the development of specifications, terms and schedules.
- Compares bids received and presents recommendations on purchases to supervisor
- Supports in the maintenance of an efficient records inventory and storage of all office supplies
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the zone
- Acts as a receptionist, answers the telephones in an appropriate, clear and friendly manner, takes and relays messages or forwards calls, greets and directs office visitors, receives/sends correspondence, keeps fax log and any correspondence as and when required
- Performs office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment
- Supports the process of ordering and stocking of office supplies such as stationery, drinking water, and other utilities to support office operations
- Distributes mail and freight services, both domestic and international, and general site operations support
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
- A relevant Diploma/ Degree in Administration, Business Management or any equivalent
- At least 2 years of administrative support experience
- Proven experience in general administration, procurement, asset management and events coordination
- Must have exceptional organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to multi-task and to prioritize tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://www.zhi.co.zw/vacancies/administrative-assistant-3/
Closing Date: 23 September 2022