Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post which has arisen in the Administration Department
- A First Degree in PublicAdministration, Law (LLB) and MBAfrom a recognized Tertiary Institution,
- HND in Business Studies is an added advantage
- Membership of an appropriate professional institute is an added advantage,
- At least 3 years relevant experience in local authority
- Experiencing using office management software, including word processing software and spreadsheet
- A clean lass 4 driver's license is an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting and amending of council by-laws and Licensing of business
- Ensure council relation with foreign twin towns.
- To supervise or prepare speeches and press release for mayor.
- Provide legal advice to the council
- Convening, preparations of agenda, sending out notices, the actual conduct of meetings.
- Provide logistical support to the Senior Management Team, council meetings and workshops.
- Facilitates and arranges for required information and appropriate documentation for stakeholders such as letters of invitation, transport, and hotel bookings and sends out Visitors Briefs.
- Coordinates meetings and appointments with external stakeholders for the Council.
- Arranges for transport and logistics for the Council as relevant.
- Maintains a database of all contractual agreements and keeps a file of all original agreement.
- Prepares and controls budget for office consumables and maintains acceptable stock levels of consumables ensuring re-order levels are upheld
- Maintains the Council Office Asset Register and updates it on quarterly basis
- Conducts annual physical asset counts and monitors movement of assets in line with Asset Management Policy Manual.
- Maintains a systematic and easy to use filing system of property records in full compliance with the records Management Manual and makes information available during audits
- Supports in disposal of assets for the Council, working closely with the Admin and Logistic Manager
How To Apply
The council offers competitive remuneration commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience this however, will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed CVs with traceable contactable referees and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and should be addressed to
THE TOWN SECRETAY
CHIREDZI TOWN COUNCIL
P. 0. BOX 128
THE TOWN SECRETARY
CHIREDZI TOWN COUNCIL - Head Office
69 INYATI DRIVE
Application to be submitted not later than the 30th of March 2022