CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organisation that specialises in population health research and programming, including on sexual and reproductive health and HIV/AIDS. CeSHHAR has an extensive national, regional, and international academic and community partnership. CeSHHA R has a diverse range of funders which include the Wellcome Trust, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, United States NIH, UK Medical Research Council, Templeton World Charity Foundation, USAID, Global Fund for AIDS TB and Malaria, UNICEF and UNFPA. We partner very closely with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (UK; opportunities for joint appointment exist), Zimbabwe's Ministry of Health and Child Care and international and regional centres of research excellence to rigorously evaluate national programmes and determine the impact, uptake, and cost effectiveness of novel reproductive health interventions. See more of CeSHHAR’s work on its website: http://ceshhar.org/
Duties And Responsibilities
The Finance & Administration Manager is a key management position, under the direction of the Finance & Operations Director and will be responsible for providing oversight of all financial processes and operations.
- The Finance & Admin Manager will manage and coordinate CeSHHAR’s day to day finance and administrative activities;
- Undertake pre and post award grants management, ensuring operational efficiency and effectiveness in compliance with donor requirements.
- Manage and coordinate donor narrative and financial reporting;
- Ensure financial compliance of the organisation according to organisational policies and donor requirements.
- Working with Project Directors, the incumbent will be facilitating development of detailed plans for new and existing project activities to include capital needs, logistical support, HR and administrative capacity
- Submit quarterly and annual finance and administration reports; Prepare annual financial statements and oversee the audit process
- Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork
- Ensure that grant and partner agreements are in line with the overall CeSHHAR Zimbabwe program and donor regulations, and guidelines and update contract files
- Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions;
- Ensure all required financial supporting documents are accurate, complete and authorizations are in place
- Prepare various periodic and ad hoc financial reports and perform variance analysis to assist project staff with decision-making
- Manage grant budget, input into the budgeting process, and analyse expenditure trends
- Maintain the accounting system and ensure all transactions are coded correctly before updating the General Ledger accounts.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Certified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CA) with 3 or more years’ experience at a similar role. Bachelor’s Degree with 10 years or more experience at a similar role.
- A Master's degree in business administration, will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years senior-level experience in managing finance and administration in the non-governmental or donor sector.
- Familiarity with a range of donor regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of donor-assisted projects.
- Ability to maintain dynamic working relationships and work with all levels in an organization.
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong history of reliable and consistent performance.
- Clean Driver’s Licence.
The incumbent must also possess the following essential knowledge and skills:
- Sound and up to date knowledge of accounting concepts, financial reporting standards and donor rules and regulations.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage crises, conflict, and risk.
- Knowledge of Sage Pastel Evolution.
How To Apply
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager and send to firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.