Applications are invited for the following vacant position which have arisen within the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC). The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission is a gender sensitive organization. Therefore, suitably qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Persons with the requisite languages are encouraged to apply.
REPORTS TO: District Elections Officer
Job Description Summary
- Establishing and maintaining a positive and refreshing outlook of the office
- Managing visitors and appointments
- Supervising the cleaning of office buildings and grounds by office orderlies and grounds men.
- Facilitating electoral activities
- Supervising the disposal of waste from in and around office buildings.
- Facilitating office communications internally and externally.
- Providing records filing and registry services
- Generating purchase requisitions/ orders on stationery, office equipment/ consumables
- Initiating payment of office bills
- Inscribing control numbers on assets.
- Maintaining security items registers and all other asset registers.
- Maintaining a record of movement of movable assets.
- Compiling list of damaged and obsolete assets as recommended.
- Reproducing documents and records
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of a National Diploma in Administration / Secretarial Studies / Business Management, Secretarial Services, Purchasing and Supply, Logistics, Computer Science, Office Administration, Information Systems or equivalent
- Experience would be an advantage
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills and presentable.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons must apply in writing, attaching their detailed and updated curriculum vitae and certified copies of their qualifications. Suitably qualified women and people with disability are encouraged to apply. Send applications to:
The Director - Human Resources
Zimbabwe Electoral Commission
Mahachi Quantum Building
1 Nelson Mandela [Corner Kaguvi Street/Jason Moyo
Avenue] P. Bag. 7782 Causeway, Harare, Zimbabwe
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews.The remuneration package will be revealed during the interviews.
ZEC does not provide residential accommodation in the Districts. Therefore preference is given to those resident in the districts with vacant posts and familiar with local languages.