Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above mentioned post.
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Duties and responsibilities
- Recruitment and selection of council employees.
- Payroll management.
- Planning and implementing training and development programs for employees and councillors.
- Facilitating the formulation of council policies and By-laws.
- Advising council on labour and administration matters.
- Development, implementation and reviewing of HR and Administration policies in Council.
- Overseeing occupational health and safety issues.
- Performance Appraisals.
- Human Capital planning
- Maintain order and employee discipline in accordance with the provisions of the Code of conduct.
- Management of council assets, both movable and immovable assets.
- Preparing the departmental budget.
Qualifications and experience
- A recognised degree in Human Resources/ Labour Relations or Social Science Degree with a recognised human resources/labour relations diploma.
- At least 4 years post qualifications working experience in middle level management in human resources department.
- Local Government experience is an added advantage.
- The person should be 30 years and mature.
- A citizen of Zimbabwe.
- Be conversant with Payroll software packages (Belina).
- A strategic thinker, self-motivated, innovative and team player.
- A clean criminal and record of service within the local government fraternity.
- Acquainted with labour relations legislation and RDC Act Chpt 29:13
- Clean class 4 Zimbabwe drivers licence.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit four (4) copies of their applications letters together with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualification certificates with at least three contactable referees to the following address not later than 04 October 2022 to:
The A/Chief Executive Officer,
Hwedza Rural District Council
P.O BOX 15,