Old Mutual is a premium African financial services organisation that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments in 14 countries. The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending.
We are rooted in our purpose of Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manages mainly medium sized projects or tasks plus one large project/or task through the efforts of others over periods of 3 months to 1 year.
- Owns and drives medium and large projects and/ or tasks.
- Redesigns processes.
- Applies actuarial judgement on ambiguous and big issues.
- Responsible for the allocation and prioritising of work in the sub group.
- Coach/mentor on technical and interpersonal skills.
- Reviewing existing policies and procedures to determine if they are fit for purpose.
- Financial Soundness Valuation and Solvency calculation.
- Reviewing and analyzing data to calculate premiums, policy payouts, and other financial metrics.
- Performing research into new trends in the insurance industry to identify areas where new products may be needed.
- Training and development of actuarial resources, including resource planning to meet actuarial demands.
- Communicating regularly with clients to ensure that they understand their policies and coverage.
- Researching new methods for calculating risk and pricing insurance policies to ensure they meet industry standards.
- Developing new policies, products, and procedures to meet customer needs while minimizing risk exposure.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours (BCom Hons): Actuarial Science, Bachelor of Science (BSc): Mathematics
- Qualified Actuary with minimum 6 years’ experience or an Actuarial Student with min of 14 FASSA, FIA or other Actuarial Association