To properly record the PSH financial transactions, pay for goods and services received in a timely manner and according to policies and procedures.
- Analyses open payables report to check for outstanding advances for all payments before processing.
- Checks supporting documents for adequacy and accuracy.
- Undertakes the three-way match for all vendor payments to confirm that payment is for goods/services actually received i.e., Matching the invoice to the PO, GRN and RQ and other related supporting documents.
- Checks to verify that advance requests and expense invoices are correctly approved as per the approval matrix before payment.
- Checks if vendor invoices meet statutory requirements for VAT and withholding taxes.
- Analyses the documentation to see if expenses are correctly classified according to the 4As principle (Activity, Account Code, Accounting Unit and Account Category).
- Validates expenses using the principle of reasonability, allocability and allowability according to set guidelines.
- Enters invoices into the system accurately and charging correctly.
- Ensures documents are processed within PSH turnaround time and follows up on any documents that ave exceeded the normal time.
- Prepares Bank Account Funding Request schedules for the local main operating bank account
- as and when necessary.
- Generating EFT and manual payments in QBE.
- Prepares bank instructions accurately ensuring that bank instructions are authorized by signatories on time.
- Updates stakeholders on status of payments and providing payment remittance advices and proof of payment.
- Requests supplier monthly statements of account to reconcile the amount owed against payments owed.
- Compares vendor statement of account against our vendor ledger account history by a reconciliation in excel.
- Prepares reconciliations for utilities and rentals on every payment and on the 15th of every month for all other suppliers.
- Extracts and analyses invoice accrual reconciliation reports for Employee Travel and Supplier advances for checking and tracking outstanding advances.
- Communicates with employees and suppliers on their outstanding advances through emails and phone calls, providing some deadlines for submission of documents.
- Flags and escalates problematic accounts to Supervisors and Management in preparation for taking remedial action in case there is no positive responses from respective employees or vendors on a weekly basis.
- Follows up on advances 7 days from the dates of return.
- Checks if expenses are charged to correct accounts and projects.
- Checks supporting documents on the reconciliations before processing in QuickBooks ERP.
- Applies the released reconciliation to the correct advance for clearance of the receivables balance.
- Reclassifies common cost expenditure using appropriate cost drivers on a monthly basis.
- Amortizes prepaid expenses on a monthly basis e.g., rent, insurance.
- Prepares adjusting journal templates for approval.
- Accrues unpaid but incurred expenses to account for expenses in the correct accounting period.
- Reclassifies outstanding advances according to the donor they relate to.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts to the General Ledger on a monthly basis i.e. receivables account, withholding tax payable.
- Tracks and prepares Aging reports for operating Advances, receivables, liabilities, and open payables.
- Prepares monthly sub ledger to General Ledger reconciliations for managed Balance Sheet accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Requests banking details, VAT certificates and Tax Clearance certificates from suppliers.
- Sets up of beneficiary payment details in the PSH electronic payment system.
- Updates the vendor database as and when necessary.
- Verifies vendor VAT registration on ZIMRA website to check for authenticity.
- Scans and archives the tax clearance certificates on the Finance electronic filing system.
- Communicates with suppliers to resolve queries on a timely basis.
- Performs physical verification of inventory on a quarterly basis.
- Checks invoice books and delivery notebooks to confirm occurrence of transactions.
- Records the stock count figures on the stock card.
- Degree in Accounting
- Part ACCA/CIS/CIMA.
- 3 Years’ experience in accounting fields,
- Very computer conversant (Pastel, QuickBooks ERP System, excel/lotus, electronic mail etc.)
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
Step 1: Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=7LiczSHmKkeXmlSatbokcNO7h-fzQdlLv2uX4UTqbxxUMTUyN09OWFVKR0tXS1A2UEdXNEM0TVNVMi4u
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org