Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the positions of Accounting Officer that have arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA), an equal opportunity employer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Authorises reimbursement schedules for refunds requests.
- Produces revenue reports, daily, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Processes refund payments for Rummage Sale-related expenses.
- Processes revenue pay overs to Ministry of Finance and Economic Development.
- Carries out revenue reconciliations and analysis.
- Processes third-party payments and reconciliations of the third-party accounts/ledgers.
- Liaises with banks to address queries on revenue-related transactions.
- Monitors mobile banking platforms and ensures all transactions are receipted in the system.
- Supervises revenue accounting staff (Cashiers and Accounting Assistants).
- Attends to revenue-related queries and clears unreceipted amounts in a timely manner.
- Checks and validates Travel & Subsistence advances and claims.
- Monitors staff debtors and post journals for interest and new loans.
- Processes loan requests for settlement at the Payables Unit.
- Posts payroll and assets accounting-related journals and adjustments.
- Maintains retention fund for Capital Project.
- Ensures sound creditors/debtors management system for internal and external creditors/debtors.
- Reviews operational procedures and recommends improvements.
- Monitors transactions flow on the online system platform and report any adverse changes on the system.
- Attends stakeholder periodic meetings on revenues and targets.
- Establishes a culture of excellence in the section through the use of the performance management system.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work under immense pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and SAP or ASYCUDA.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Have strong and proficient analytical skills. Unquestionable integrity.
- Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Studies or equivalent; OR at least a Part C professional qualification such as ACCA / CIMA / CA / CIS / CPA.
- Knowledge of SAP or ASYCUDA World is a prerequisite.
- At least two (2) years of working experience in Finance and/or Accounting environments.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 16 February 2022. All applications should be emailed to ZimraRecruitment@zimra.co.zw clearly stating the position applied for, and addressed to:
The Director, Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.