Supporting the accounting and finance department, and management team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks. Preparing budgets, maintaining reports, and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties for the organisation.
Duties And Responsibilities
- anagement of customer accounts and billing by ensuring regular invoicing, receive and receipt payments from customers
- Maintenance of various books of accounts
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Management of receivable and payable accounts
- Assisting in preparation of daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports
- Undertaking daily banking functions and bank reconciliations.
- Deal with daily petty cash.
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Processing payments for goods and services
- Coordinating internal and external audits
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Inventory management, control and valuation
- Asset management and maintenance of asset registers
- Maintaining and updating systems of internal control
- Undertaking any ad hoc duties associated with the accounts function, including maintaining financial files and records in a timely, accurate and organized manner
- Carrying out other related tasks as might be required from time to time by management
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal candidates should be below 35 years of age and must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Accounting, or equivalent from a reputable university, part CIMA or CIS.
- An ICT qualification will be an added advantage
- Must be conversant with pastel accounting packages
- At least two years’ experience preferably in a hospital set up is an added advantage.
- Must have a good understanding of financial concepts, GAAP and pay keen attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Competent IT Skills
- Strong Bookkeeping Skills
- Understanding of Budgetary Principles
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Appreciation of Catholic values
How To Apply
Applications including CVs, application letter and certified copies of academic qualifications should be addressed to the Hospital Executive Manager: and submitted through email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to Murambinda Mission Hospital, Stand number 144, Murambinda growth point by close of Friday 18th of February 2022.