To account for Econet Wireless (Pvt) Ltd revenue in line with accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Checks that all sales invoices have been processed and investigates any anomalies.
- Reviews debtors ageing and recommends suspension of service to defaulting customers.
- Engages Account Managers and external debtor finance departments in collection of outstanding debts
- Approves sales variances adjustments validated by Technology Services Development
- Reviews Revenue Assurance report and investigates any variances above threshold
- Manages period closure activities for the receivables module
- Performs variance analysis for Costs of Sales and corroborates major deviations
- Computes manual deferred revenue on a monthly basis and liaises with revenue assurance and Information systems personnel to ensure the accuracy of the deferred revenue liability
- Reconciles the VAT Output account for review by the Tax Manager and checks that the correct VAT rate has been applied to the various classes of revenue
- Computes the revenue related taxes and levies to be declared to ZIMRA and PORTRAZ
- Review reconciliation of cash distribution accounts and investigate anomalies.
- Approves orders for super dealer debtors and follow up on settlement and management of their debtors balance.
- Reviews the Interconnect and roaming debtor’s reconciliations and is responsible for the monthly confirmation and reconciliation process with the Interconnect partners.
- Trains and develops assistant accountants and invoicing clerks.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors to assist them as they perform their tasks.
- Assists Financial Controller in attending to findings of internal and external auditors and addressing any accounting systems deficiencies noted.
- Prepares reports, schedules and files for review by applicable stakeholders.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A professional qualification in Accountancy (CA/CIMA/CIS/ACCA/CPA) an added advantage.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Banking or equivalent.3-4 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent systems navigation and computer handling skills.
How To Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://recruitment.econet.co.zw/job/accountant-revenue-x1/