Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant position referred to above which has arisen within City of Victoria Falls.
The position entails planning, preparing and monitoring the departmental and City Council budget. It also involves preparing and submitting monthly, quarterly and annual management and financial reports in line with the acceptable reporting standards, regulations and statutes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Budget planning and management: Receive budget estimates from departments and critically examine them for correctness, accuracy, completeness, and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and municipal objectives.
- Study previous budget and also take into consideration the benefits and losses incurred during the previous financial years, due to budget planning, consolidate data for budget presentation and also provide an overview of the financial status of all the operations, analyse actual results to budgets and forecasts.
- Conduct financial analysis in areas like revenue, tariffs, assets, expenditure, and supply chain management, etc. on periodical basis and prepare the analytical reports for Management action.
- Budget information for strategic and operational plans, Financial systems and controls, In-Year Monitoring (IYM) and reporting.
- Review departmental reports related to the budget.
- Prepare monthly financial report to include budget-to-actual revenue and expenditure information.
- Prepare quarterly and mid-year financial reports, and analyse significant variances.
- Annual financial statements, Prepare, using Generally Recognised Accounting Practice (GRAP)(IPSAS), annual financial statements that convey a fair presentation of information
- Any other duties assigned by superiors.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Accounting or Finance, Full ICSAZ or ACCA or any relevant professional qualification.
- Membership of a Professional Board such as ICSAZ, ACCA or equivalent.
- Membership of PAAB is a must.
- Certificate in IPSAS is a requirement.
- Should be computer literate.
- At least two years' experience in an accounting environment.
- Experience in Local Government environment will be an added advantage.
- 5 years working experience.
- 3 years hands-on experience in preparation of Financial Statements and Budgets, preferably in a Local Government environment.
Benefits In return, City of Victoria Falls offers an attractive package to be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply
Applications, including detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and names of at least two traceable referees, should reach the undersigned.
City of Victoria Falls
P. 0. Box 41
R. Dube Town Clerk
NB: City of Victoria Falls is an equal opportunity employer; suitably qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 10 February 2023