A well-established company based in Harare is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of an Accountant which has arisen.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the incumbent's key responsibilities will be as follows:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist the Finance Director in the production of bi-annual and quarterly financial returns and reports timeously for management information and decision-making.
- Assist the Finance Director in the preparation of Year-End and Interim financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and in compliance with regulatory authorities' guidelines.
- Maintaining Assets and Asset Register
- Ensures adherence to the Internal Control Systems
- Management of statutory payments and returns.
- Monitoring posting of journals into the system to ensure that proper adjustments are made to the Ledger accounts.
- Responsible for the management of the investment function, implementing investment decisions.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports on investments.
- Assisting the Finance Director in monitoring and deciding investments that will enable organisational growth.
- Maintain and update Risk Register which shows possible risks, how to share the risk and the impact.
- Supervision of accounting teams
Qualifications And Experience
- A degree in Accounting and/or a relevant professional qualification such as CIS, CIMA or ACCA.
- At least 4 years' experience in the Accounting field.
- Computer skills such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Presentation.
- Knowledge of Sage Pastel is a must. " Good communication skills
How To Apply
Applications accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating position applied for and addressed to The Advertiser Di6588976, Herald House, Harare and emails should be emailed to: email@example.com
Deadline: 7 October, 2022.