Earlier this month the Ministry of Health and Child Care announced that applications for the September 2022 intake would start on 25 July 2022.
Today, the E-nurse Online Application portal opened. It will be open until 7 August 2022.
Here are the steps to access the portal and apply
- Go to www.mohcc.gov.zw and find the link labeled e-nurse. Alternatively just click on the following link to go directly to the portal: http://enurse.mohcc.org.zw:8084/enurse/ (note, if you see a message that says that the page is not secure, please just click ‘proceed’)
- Once you have opened the link you will be presented with a page that looks like the following:
- Read the message very carefully then go ahead to “Click here to continue” at the bottom of the screen.
- You will then be presented with a page that shows the requirements to register:
- if it’s your first time to access this page, then just click on the blue button which says “If you don’t have an account, CLICK HERE TO SIGNUP”. This option will allow you to create an account on the platform.
You will then be taken through a process of entering your personal details in order to do the application.
If you face any problems, please be aware that you can contact the MoHCC help desk on the following numbers: +263714734593, +263774112531, +263242730273.
What are the requirements to apply for nurse training in Zimbabwe?
- A minimum of 5 “0” Level subjects with passes in English Language, Mathematics, and a Science subject and two others (that exclude practical subjects such as Fashion and Fabrics, Metal Work, Graphic Art, Art and Woodwork) at Grade C or better obtained from not more than two sittings with full certificates as Examination Result Slips are not accepted.
- Must be aged between the ages of seventeen (17) and thirty (30) years on the date of commencement of training which is 05/09/2022. (that is Candidates should not be less than 17 years and not more than 30 years by 5 September 2022.)
What is the cost of application to train as a nurse?
The cost of accessing the Electronic Application Form is $500 ZWL and applicants should follow the instructions on the website for payment .
No additional payments are required as this is the only fee to be paid.
Since the application is made online, there are no forms that need to be bought. If anyone says they are selling forms, it means they are trying to steal from you.
What happens after applying?
Once the ministry has shortlisted candidates for interviews, they wuill be informed via the same MoHCC Electronic Platform.
If you don’t meet the requirements mentioned above, chances are you will be shortlisted.
Successful candidates will be informed via the MoHCC Electronic Platform and are required to have a satisfactory Medical Examination conducted by a Government Medical Officer.
Those that are eventually accepted after interviews will be deployed to where training posts exist throughout the country.