Harare City Council (HCC) has mandated City Parking to enforce parking and traffic by-laws within the capital with effect from tomorrow the 16th of February 2023.
In a notice seen by Pindula News, City Parking said the local government authority mandated it to clamp and collect fines from motorists violating traffic rules in the capital. Reads the notice:
1. CITY OF HARARE HAS MANDATED CITY PARKING (PVT) LTD TO ENFORCE PARKING AND TRAFFIC BY-LAWS WITHIN HARARE EFFECTIVE 16 FEBRUARY 2023.
2. THE MANDATE INCLUDES CLAMPING, FINE TICKETING AND FINE COLLECTION ON PARKING AND TRAFFIC OFFENCES.
3. THE MOVE IS EXPECTED TO INCREASE COMPLIANCE AND CONVENIENCE TO THE MOTORING PUBLIC AS FINES SHALL BE PAYABLE TO OUR STAFF ON THE STREET.
4. PLEASE NOTE WHILST CITY PARKING ENFORCES ON OFFENCES COMMITTED IN PARKING BAYS, IT SHALL WORK JOINTLY WITH CITY OF HARARE TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT IN AND AROUND HARARE CBD.
5. AS REMINDER, SOME OFFENCES THAT WARRANT CLAMPING AND FINING INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: – FAILURE TO DISPLAY VALID PARKING TICKET, CONTINUED PARKING ON EXPIRED TICKET, PARKING OVER LINES OF PARKING BAYS, OBSTRUCTION OF PARKING/TRAFFIC, WASH MOTOR VEHICLE IN PARKING PLACE, FAILURE TO DISPLAY VEHICLE LICENCE, ETC.
6. WE URGE MOTORISTS TO MAKE USE OF OUR WHATSAPP BOT ON 0719515601 OR DIAL ‘192# FOR CONVENIENT SELF-SERVICE PARKING.
7. PLEASE PAY FOR PARKING TO AVOID INCONVENIENCES ASSOCIATED WITH CLAMPING.