The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) has released the names of victims of a road accident that happened along the Harare – Mukumbura road on the 12th of this month. In a statement, seen by Pindula News, police national spokesperson, Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi said the deceased were positively identified by their relatives. Reads the update:
UPDATE ON FATAL ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT AT THE 33KM PEG ALONG HARARE-MUKUMBURA ROAD
The Zimbabwe Republic Police announces the names of the victims who died in a road traffic accident which occurred on le May 2022 at around 1900 hours at the 33 km peg along Harare-Mukumbura Road, when a Toyota Wish vehicle rammed onto a stationary Iveco Truss vehicle which had a breakdown.
Five victims were positively identified by their next of kin as listed:-
• Francis Mutede , a male adult aged 33 of Manhenga Village, Bindura.
• Simbarashe Tsomondo , a male adult aged 22 of Sunningdale, Harare.
• Fungai Gawa, a female adult aged 55 years of Sunningdale, Harare.
• Ngonidzashe Mutsakami, a male adult aged 30 of Glenview, Harare.
• Chrispen Mcdonald Chinyandu a male adult aged 34 of Mazowe.
Meanwhile, the names of the injured are:-
• Primrose Chirara a female adult aged 27 of warren Park, Harare.
• Zvikomborero Tsomondo of Sunningdale, Harare.
• Steven Gadzikwa a male adult aged 37 of Aerodrome, Bindura.
The injured are currently admitted at Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals and their condition is serious.
The Zimbabwe Republic Police urges drivers to be observant and cautious when driving during the night.
Meanwhile, motorists are implored to comply with safety measures put in place by the Government in order to safeguard lives on the roads such as displaying red triangles when a vehicle breaks down due to various reasons. Efforts should be made to quickly remove broken down vehicles from the centre of the road.
(NYATHI. P) Assistant Commissioner
Senior Staff Officer (Press, Public and International Relations) to the Commissioner-General of Police
Police General Headquarters