Register Login

Civil Servant Loses All Property In House Fire

Civil Servant Loses All Property In House Fire

An accountant with the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education in Chipinge lost all his household property after his four-roomed cottage was razed by fire on Wednesday morning.

Maxwell Dumba of Kelvin suburb told The Manica Post that the fire started after he had left for work. He said:

I left my home early in the morning to go to work as usual at Chipinge Government Complex. There was no electricity as a result of the ongoing power cuts. My wife was also not around.

While at work at around 8:30 AM, I received a call from my builders working on the main house, telling me that there was smoke coming from my cottage. Power had been restored.

I called the fire brigade which reacted swiftly, but they had a torrid time reaching my house as the shorter route is not accessible due to the poor road network.

They failed to cross a makeshift bridge on that road and had to use a longer route; otherwise, we could have managed to salvage something from the house.

He said he was only left with the clothes he was wearing.

Dumba is now appealing for assistance from well-wishers. Those willing to assist can contact him on 0773221186.

Share Article


[[]] · [[post.created_on]]

Recent News

News Categories