Freeman Chari, a Zimbabwean software engineer based in the United States of America, says CCC should join MDC-T Douglas Mwonzora’s urgent chamber application at the High Court seeking the nullification of the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) delimitation report.
Chari, who is sympathetic to the Nelson Chamisa-led party, believes that while it appears to be politically incorrect, CCC should join Mwonzora’s court application, saying it captures all the issues that he has raised over the past 12 months that need to be attended to, to ensure a credible election. Chari wrote on Twitter:
1. Personally, l don’t have anything against the court challenge. It captures all the things l spoke about from March 2022. The reason l spoke so passionately abt all these things was that we could tell the complications of the future. It took people 11 months to pay attention.
2. Everyone within CCC that l spoke to except a few trivialized the impact of the wrong delimitation formula. Some still do up to today because they believe we can win the presidency even under the circumstances. Which makes me question a lot of things.
3. What frustrates me more is that CCC is being nudged into decisions by agendas set by the system. It feels like a flow chart. Those who were there in 2013 should be feeling a sense of de javu.
4. Because the case has been brought by Doug, it is now feeling like a poisoned chalice. Regardless of the merits, the politics is dictating that CCC can’t be part of it. I want to argue that, CCC should do the unpredictable and join it…
5. Remember how in 1998 everyone was pro-land reform except ZANU? For those who don’t remember, listen to Mapfumo’s Set the people free or Chimbetu’s Zuva Raenda. Mugabe, unpredictably metamorphosed into a champion of land reform overnight to grab the impetus…
6. The expectation is for CCC not to support this and plunge into an election that is heavily gerrymandered and unfair all because of hubris. I would urge CCC to prepare for elections intensively if they go ahead, enter under protest.
7. An election with a bad delimitation, without a voter roll, without polling station names, without free campaign etc is an illegitimate election that will produce an illegitimate result. So again, PREPARE for election, CHALLENGE the delimitation, participate under PROTEST.
More: Pindula News