Register Login

Kwekwe Boy (11) Electrocuted By Illegally Connected Cables

Kwekwe Boy (11) Electrocuted By Illegally Connected Cables

An 11-year-old boy was electrocuted in Kwekwe on Thursday after he came in contact with live electricity cables illegally connected to a chicken fowl run.

The Member of Parliament for Mbizo, Settlement Chikwinya (CCC), who attended the scene, said the boy was electrocuted before falling head-long on a hard object. Said Chikwinya:

It is with a heavy heart to announce to you the passing on of a young boy aged 11 in Mbizo Section 10 Extension on January 26 due to what is preliminary electrocution compounded by head injuries upon falling after the electrocution.

A summary of observations and witness accounts point to the fact that the boy was electrocuted due to a leaked electric current from an illegally connected cable from the main house that was extended to the chicken fowl run.

Chikwinya said the juvenile made contact with the steel rods on the fowl run.

He was pronounced dead upon admission at Kwekwe General Hospital. | NewsDay

Share Article


[[]] · [[post.created_on]]

Recent News

News Categories