Borrow Jets Football Club defender Mbalenhle ‘Hello Kitty’ Mabhena has died from food poisoning.
The 17-year-old who died this Tuesday will be buried at New Luveve Cemetery in Bulawayo at 10 am today.
Mabhena who had just finished her Ordinary Level studies at Mcumbathi High School in Bulawayo was one of the fresh stars to watch out for in the Women Super League 2023 season.
Her club described Mabhena as a hugely talented player, the Chronicle reported citing the club’s condolence message to the Mabhena family. Read the message:
We are deeply gutted to hear of the loss of such a wonderful and gifted Borrow Jets Ladies Football team player.
The young defender, aged 17, had just completed her Ordinary Level studies at Mncumbatha High School in Nkulumane, was one of the league stars to watch in the upcoming Zimbabwe Women’s Soccer League Season.
Our thoughts are with the family and club. As you grapple with the meaning of this devastating loss, do kindly find comfort in knowing that the whole football fraternity is with you and each tear shed is a note of love rising high to the heavens.
We pray the love of God comforts you during this difficult period and may the wounds heal with the passage of time.
Mourners are gathered at House Number 14188 Nkulumane 12 Township in Bulawayo.